Categories of hosting services
A hosting service is connected with depositing and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting company. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various ends, so let's have a glance at these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a blog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various companies, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are often supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally false interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between different bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share an enormous number of images with mates or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail addresses. Some vendors offer web page hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many videos as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Tango November Group Africa Ltd, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared to the regular email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific web content solely.